Randi R. Nelson
RANDI R. NELSON is an associate attorney at PARRINO|SHATTUCK, PC She has worked exclusively in the area of matrimonial litigation since 2011. Nelson represents clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, alimony, child support, property division, child custody, post judgment modification and post judgment contempt.
She is admitted to practice in Connecticut, and a member of the American, Connecticut, Fairfield County and Westport/Weston Bar Associations.
Nelson has earned the following awards/recognitions:
- Connecticut Rising Star as recognized by Super Lawyers since 2015
- 2017 America’s Most Honored Professional Award
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Connecticut by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys since 2015
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Connecticut Under the Age of 40 as recognized by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2014 and 2016
- “New Leaders in the Law” as recognized by the Connecticut Law Tribune in 2013
Nelson serves as a special master for family matters in the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk at Stamford and Judicial District of Fairfield at Bridgeport.
She earned her bachelor’s degree from University of Texas at Arlington in 2007, where she was a member of the Kappa Tau Alpha Honor Society, and her Juris Doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University in 2010, where she was the recipient of a merit-based scholarship and a member of the Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender.
- Hornung v. Hornung – Successfully traced $32 million over the course of a sixteen-year marriage to establish the assets as separate property pursuant to the terms of a prenuptial agreement. An award of $7.5 million lump sum alimony does not constitute a property distribution in violation of the terms of the parties’ prenuptial agreement.