Pre-Judgement Remedies

During the pendency of an action for dissolution of marriage, either spouse may request from the court an award of temporary alimony and/or child support. The court may also award temporary exclusive use of the family home or any other dwelling unit that is available for use as a temporary residence to either party as it deems to be fair without regard to the respective interests of the parties. Additionally, any family or household member who has been subjected to a continuous threat of present physical pain or physical injury by another family or household member may apply to the Superior Court for an order of protection.